Saturday, May 14

Let Me Introduce Myself..

So, I've tried this a few times but never seem to get into the swing of things. Over the past few weeks I have been reading alot of blogs where the girls aren't superfical and just blog. That's what I love about blogging. First I was worried I no one was going to read my blogs but now I have come the point of no return where it's not about everyones exceptance but your own. I've learnt alot over this last year and I wanted a place to share my tales, maybe post a few outsides of the days. Show you designs I do at work, I am also starting a Level 4 Higher Diploma in Floristry in September so it would be great to show what I've been working on! 

So, let's get to it! I'm Heather, I don't really have any nick names (other than the embarrassing ones my Mum and Dad like to call me) But I will usually answer to Heath! I'm 21 years old and I'm turning 22 in July. I must say turning 21 wasn't life changing like I thought it was going to be at 20 but this has been the year of a lot of learning curves for me. I've learnt to love, I've lost people and gained new friendships, realized that not everyone is as they seem and sometimes it takes hitting rock bottom to find yourself. I realized that not everything needs to approved by the people surrounding you, that the people who care and love you the most will stand by you no matter what you choose to do with your life. The biggest mile stone for me this year was learning to go with my own judgement instead of listening to what others tell you is best for you, Okay, they may have been right but you have to learn from your own mistakes otherwise you don't grow as a person. Life isn't perfect, Neither are we. 

So I'm a florist. For those who aren't sure what that is, I make up floral arrangements for gifts, weddings, parties, events and funerals etc. I love my job. It took me til I was 18 to decide what I wanted to do but when I found this I knew I was made for it. I currently work in a small Florist in a town near me and am qualified at National Diploma in Floristry Level 2 and Level 3. Like I mentioned earlier I'm hoping to study at level 4 in September so that I can eventually go on to level 5 at University and be one of the highest qualified florists in the country. My aim is to open my own shop by the time I am 25 - 30 and go on to teach in my early 40's. I'll post some of my designs in a later post so you can see my forever growing portfolio! 

Love Life? Well, I'm single. Being with a partner is a luxury in my eyes and is hard work not something that just comes to you. Finding someone who you want to share your life with is a big decision and although I'm still young, I generally look for those qualities in a man when dating. I honestly don't want to break someones heart knowing deep down that person isn't who I'd happily spend my life with. If that means being alone for a while then so be it. Also I find that being in a relationship somewhat distracts me from the important things to me like my career and creativity. 

Okay, Hobbies.. Well I'd class Floristry as a passion of mine although it's part of my job, other things I love to do is read both books and magazines! I am planning a post on the pile of books I have lined up to read over the summer! I would like to do a few book reviews as I love to see other people enjoy things as much as me! I generally read Romance Novels because I am a soppy person at heart! I also subscribe to Country Living Magazine, my all time favourite magazine! I could sit and read their articles and look at the beautiful pictures for hours and hours, so much inspiration in one magazine! 
Sewing, so a few years ago my Mum and Dad brought me a sewing machine as a gift at Christmas, I've been making odd pieces ever since. I make dresses for myself and love wearing them and getting compliments! Makes me feel amazing to know I am wearing something I designed and made myself! Last on my list, Crafting! I love love love anything crafty! Most of the blogs I read on Blogger are crafters! They are so inspiring and I just love getting ideas from then! Look out for some tutorials in the future! 

When I'm relaxing you'll usually find me in bed watching Youtubers such as ThePersianBabe, Beauty-Crush, DulceCandy87 etc! I love to watch Beauty Gurus! 

Ok, so I have just noticed I am rambling on about myself now so I'm going to leave it here! Look out for my next post! 

Heather 
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment